Thursday, August 14, 2008

Breakup Song #1



I thought about titling this post "bitter bitch" songs but that sounds less empowering. There are so many songs out there by women who are just hurt. This is one of my favorite ones.






Take The Box




Your neighbours were screaming I don't have a key for downstairs,


so I punched all the buzzers hoping he would be there


And now my head's hurting You say I always get my own way


But you were in the shower when I got there, and I don' wanted to stay, but I got nothing to say


You were so beautiful before today


And then I heard what you say…man that was ugly


The Moschino bra you bought me last Christmas Put it in the box, put it in the box


Frank's in there and I don't care Put it in the box, put it in the box


Just take it Take the box Take the box


I came home this evening and nothing felt like how it should be


I feel like writing you a letter but that is not me…you know meFeel so f*cking angry; don't wanna be reminded of you


But when I left my sh*t in your kitchen, I said goodbye to your bedroom and smiled at you


Mr False Pretence, you don't make senseI just don't know you


But you make me cry, where's my kiss goodbye?I think I love you


The Moschino bra you bought me last Christmas Put it in the box, put it in the box Frank's in there and I don't care Put it in the box, put it in the box


Now take it Take the box


Just take it, take it Take the box And now just take the box Take the box Take the box

No comments: