Thursday, August 28, 2008

Barack Obama

I'm writing as I watch this historic event live. Today our country is forever changed. Today 45 years ago another man changed this country. Today is about being positive. Today is for Barack Obama.

I must mention one of the reasons I am drawn to Barack Obama. It is because of his wife. You have to admire a man that would choose Michelle as a partner in life. Michelle is a force to be reckoned with. It takes a strong man to love a woman like that. You must admire a man that respects his mother so much and appreciates all he was able to do with her. And you know he loves her and respects her in the way he speaks of her memory. Why do i feel it is so important that he loves the women in life and chooses to align himself with powerful women?

If you think about it he really doesn't have to. He doesn't have to mention his mother and no one would think any less of him. It would just be about Barack.

10:15 pm ET and there it is. History has been made. We have a black presidential candidate.

What I don't understand are the people who believe that Senator Obama will only be for the black people and only for the black agenda. This is a man that spent most of his childhood with white people from the Midwest. Who will better identify with the common American than a person who lived as one. He knows more about being poor than I do.

10% percent chance on change. I don't think Senator McCain doesn't care about the common American I think he doesn't know. I don't know what kind of life John McCain thinks that celebrities lead but this is my life... I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper. John McCain said he would follow bin laden to the gates of hell but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

If you don't have fresh ideas you have to use scare tactics to run on...
When Washington doesn't work then the promises mean nothing
This election was never about me. It's about you.

My heart is full and I am just over whelmed.

No comments: