Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Why do we Blog?

I was flipping through the channels Wednesday night and Queen Latifah was on with Tavis Smiley. I assume he asked her about her secret to longevity in the entertainment business and she talked about not taking everyone with you. You can't rise to the top if you have 20 people hanging on your coat tails. Then she started talking about blogs. She said she hates them because everyone now has something to say. She says everyone so desperately wants to be heard. I can't help but agree.

My blog has done so many things for me. It helped me through a tough time or two recently. I used to be afraid to write if you can believe that. As you can probably tell my grammar and spelling isn't great and that kept me back for a long time (<----run on). I was embarrassed to share my thoughts because of all the grammar ish. I remember in high school Sean asked me to write music reviews for the website he created for our little clique. I never submitted a review after many threats from Sean. I never submitted them for several reasons that include but not limited to: embarrassed that my skills were sub par, always secretly lusting for Sean (I can admit this now that the teenage crush is over and it is 15 years later) and not valuing my opinion enough. The secretly (I shouldn't say secret everyone knew) lusting after Sean has a big part of why I never wrote for the upstarts website. You don't want the guy you like to think your stupid even though I know that works for some females it doesn't work for me. I was always afraid of being kicked out of that little clique. Who would have known that I would move away placing irreparable damage to the relationship with my brother and who knew I would eventually be replaced.

As therapeutic as my blog has been I must admit because I promised to be absolutely honest here (and I can be because no one really reads this except for my LS and Jody) I want to be heard. I have secret ambitions of political office (but then my campaign would be marred with scandal cause this blog will suddenly surface). I feel I am capable of performing the duties. We have many a Congressional leader that don't have the "experience" but still manage to get the job done to the best of their abilities (or don't get the job done either way most people don't care about such elections and the same fools continue to win). Some people are just in Congress because they live in a blue state, they are Democrat and we want to keep it blue and Democrat. That can totally be me.

If the whole political career doesn't work out I could certainly live out the rest of my days with an editorial column. I don't need the Times the Long Island Newsday would be sufficient for me. I would love to write how I feel for a living when it comes to issuses we face domestically and abroad. The Newsday would certainly suit me the best because I feel people pay too much attention to what is going on in the National stage. The local and state government affect "you" so much and no one really cares. As a member of the editorial staff I would first get more people to read the paper period and second encourage correspondence from my readers. That whole "community leader" role has worked wonders for someone special.

Is it wrong to think that one day George Stephonopolus will come across my blog one day and invite me on to This Week?

Or I will piss off Sean Hannity enough that he would invite me on his show so all of his neo con followers would send me hate mail and death threats?

A girl can only wish....

No comments: