Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Swagger Like WHAT!@!

Let me tell you about swagger about a man's flow. Some men have it and most men don't. To me real swagger is when a man, even if he is not that attractive, captivates you with the aura that is him.

The first example of real man swagger that I can recall was 1998, at the SUNY Albany gym. SUNY Albany had a concert featuring Cocoa Brothers, Jay Z and Busta Rhymes. How things change where I went to a concert that Busta had top billing over Jay. I was there for Busta I paid my $15 to see him. Jay Z came on the stage and I will never forget it. He was wearing a Jets football jersey, some blue jeans and some timbs. After one song I said to Jamie Busta who? I was mesmerized by Jay and there have been other men that have come into my life that have "it", but none like Jay until...

Our president elect.


What can I say about the man that hasn't been said before. During this long campaign I admired the man. Several times on this blog I have praised our president elect for his choice of a strong black woman as his life partner. I have admired his intellect and his approach to life and politics. Since he has been elected we have seen another side to our President elect. He is still giving us his all but now we also see him vacationing, playing golf, and spending time with his children. I've admired the mind but after a recent family vacation in Hawaii we saw more of the man.

WHAT!!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!
OK!!!!!!!

Michelle Obama gets to lay down next to that every night. I'm hatin hardbody

This may seem small but this video sealed the deal for me in makin the President elect's swagger bigger than anyone else.




This video shows me our new president is like me. I totally understand why Southerners who had to drop out in the third grade voted for Bush. President-elect is just another black kid from the suburbs. We know how to act when we are around white folks and when we are in a social setting our innate urban tendencies come to light. Just check the examples at 1:08 and at the end of the video.

Ahhh!!!

It's like I'm 13 and I have a new crush.

EDIT: I am not the only one that recognizes the swagger. Start at 3:38

No comments: