Thursday, December 04, 2008

Mrs. O

You know what one of my favorite things about Barack Obama is, Michelle. She is the symbol that Black women have needed for a long time. I will laude Michelle later I came here to discuss her fashion.

After that awful dress she was wearing the night President-elect Obama won she needs to step her game up. Several designers have submitted sketches for her attire for inauguration day and I just want to post my favorite.










Monique Lhuillier
I love her dresses. If I ever marry rich I would probably shop at her store and not have a problem dropping the 20 grand. There is something almost regal about this dress. It's different. Mrs. O needs to stand out









Carolina Herrera
Another classic designer. I love the color of this dress and the cut. Mrs. O is tall so she can pull a look like this off. I can see her wearing this with a white fur stole (faux fur we can't piss off PETA). The color would bounce off her complexion unlike any other first lady.








Badgley Mischka
These two can sew. One of the common factors in their designs are their appropriate use of beading. It's never gawdy or overdone. Love the dress not crazy about the color.















Christian Lacroix
Love it Love it Love it. I hate the fact that he drew her like a black Cruella Devile but the dress is a knockout.

Must leave work now. Will create a another post for the rest there are many more.

No comments: