Thursday, May 25, 2006

Still Wooken PuNub

A few months ago I decided to put myself out there again. I realized I wouldn't meet anyone from my bed but, in 2006 you can. Match.com was clearly made for lazy poor people like myself. I spent a lot of time on my profile with the wording and how exactly I wanted to sell myself. So I posted my profile submitted my picture for approval and within days my account was up. I gave it about a week before I deleted my profile. I guess I'm just a little old fashioned and deep down still believe in meeting in person vs. online. More power to the people that do meet that way I just don't think its for me





Well after a few days of thinking, analyzing and hearing opinions from friends I decided to just go ahead and create a profile. Now I haven't paid yet I've just submitted a profile for approval.
I've learned a few things about myself during this process. #1 I am extremely picky. At first I thought I was being a little too picky but then I said to myself that is not such a bad thing. I mean really am I supposed to date the man that finds it acceptable to have your profile name as "wookenpunub" "lookzandbrainz", "ninja nunez or this gem "chocolatelotion"? The man that is super specific on what he wants on his profile (for example the man that requests his dates match their panties with their bras) then you are deleted from my consideration list. If your wants are too broad (for example the man willing to travel 1500 miles from where they live for a date) is eliminated as well.

The Second thing I realized is that I am a very private person. I need everything in my life to be completely separate. If I'm dating you I don't want to see you at work, I don't want to see you at school and I don't want you in any social organization I maybe apart of. Basically I need places to escape when your bothering me and vice versa. If school is nuts or my boss is on my back I have my man waiting to rub my shoulders when I get home.

The Third thing I realized is how far I am from being ready for marriage. The entire concept scares the shit out of me for many reasons. First the men I meet, I think to myself "This is what I have to chose from for a life partner?" I'm also scared of how involved you get with your spouse. There is actually a life change adjustment scale that assigns points to the different types of changes in your life. Death of a spouse comes in a 100 points Life Change Assessment Scale. Last year I watched my mother and my 40-year-old cousin bury their husbands. There are some things in life that you just never recover from.

And finally realized how much I enjoy staying at home. I like music I like to party but the last place in the world I want to meet a man is in the club. My perfect Friday night is staying in cooking or ordering in and watching a movie or watching the weeks TV on the DVR.
So now I wait and see. When the good folks at match.com approve my profile and put it up lets see IF I receive any emails from eligible men.


Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy
Love can sweep you off your feet and carry you along in a way you've never known before. But the ride always ends, and you end up feeling lonely and bitter. Wait. It's not love I'm describing. I'm thinking of a monorail.

No comments: