Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lust: One of the Seven Deadly Sins

I posted this song one day because of a friend's situation. What's ironic right about now is the song pertains to me. I am in situation right now and it can go two ways; I can ignore my feelings and stay incredibly horny or I can give in to my urges and be with a man I have no business being with. I've decided to ignore my feelings. It's not easy but you have to do things that are hard sometimes. I saw on okayplayer once someone said "God puts you in the same situation over and over again until you learn from it." I can't ask the Lord to send me a good man if I keep doing the same thing with the wrong man. That Jermaine Jackson song "Did what you did when you do what you do...." just popped into my head. With this man I will try to apply some of the lessons I have learned in my almost 27 years on this planet.


This song is all about lust. Many people from my generation should say thank you to Rick James. Many children were conceived because of this song

Rick James and Tina Marie "Fire and Desire"

Wow. It's really good to see you again, baby And I must admit you're looking very, very, very nice these days
I guess life must be treating you well Oh, me Well, I've just been doin' the same ol' thing I've always been doin 'You know, I've got a new lady now
And it's a little different then it was when I was with you You know, I think back to when we met
The way I use to be and the cold way I use to act But more than that. I think of how you changed me with your love and sensitivity
Remember when I used to...

Love them and leave them That's what I used to do Use and abuse them Then I laid eyes on you
It was pain before pleasure That was my claim to fame With every measure, baby Tasted teardrop stains, yeah
I was cold as ice long ago, baby, babyI wasn't very, very, very nice, you know Sugar, sugar, sugar
Then I kissed your lips And you tuned on my fire, baby
And you burn me up within your flame Took me a little higherMade me live again
You turned on my fire, baby Then you showed me what a love could doFire and desire, babyFeel it comin' through
And I thank you, baby

Oh, how I thank you, baby You taught me so much And you showed mw so much and love and insensitivity
That since you've been gone I don't think I've ever felt this way before
You know it's funny how a man can change So quickly from a cold blooded person Thinkin' he's God gift to women
Remember how I use to do that I must have been crazy then
Remember when you used to...

Love them and leave them Oh, that's what I used to do Use them and abuse them, whoa Then I laid eyes on you
It was pain before pleasure Oh, that was my claim to fame With every measure Tasted your teardrop stains, yeah
You were cold as ice (Woo...hoo...hoo...hoo...), baby, baby(I-I wasn't, I-I wasn't very nice, I know, woo...)Sugar, sugar, sugar, sugarThen I kissed your lips
And you (You turned on) turned (You turned on) on(You turned on my fire) my fire, baby (Ooh...)Then you showed me what a love could do (Woo...hoo...)Fire and desire (Fire and desire)Feelin' good to you (Feelin' good to you)
You turned on my fire (Fire, ooh...ooh...), baby (Oh, baby)And you burn me up within your flame (You burn me, you burn me)Fire and desire (Fire and desire)And we're both to blame, both to blame (Ooh...ooh...)
You know I guess I think we both said a little too much today (No, ooh...hoo...hoo...)
After all Tee, you're kind of with somebody elseI'm kind of livin' with somebody (Ooh...ooh...ooh...)But please do me a favor just before you go (What is it, baby)
Just put your arms around me and hold me like you used (I wanna hold you tight)
Tell me "Rick" (Oh...oh...) "Everything is gonna be alright"(Everything, everything, everything is gonna be alright)Put your arms around me Put your arms around me (Ooh...)(Ooh...ooh...)Oh, baby (Woo...ooh...ooh...)Oh, baby (Ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...)(Ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...oh)

No comments: