Monday, February 04, 2013

Meditation

I had hypnotist tell me once to imagine myself walking up a stairs, any grand stairs that pops into your head.  As you walk to the stairs, you realize your load is heavy and decide to drop things before stepping on to the first step.  I drop something, step up and right behind me is my Dad.  At first I'm happy and then I'm angry because the pain of his death I want to leave behind, but I keep walking cause I know that will never go away.  I continue up the steps and Dad is still one step behind me.  I reach the top of the stairs and I find the person I want to be, the person I was.  But Dad is still just one step behind. 

The person I want to be turns around and says to Dad, I'm good now, but he still stands there and gives me that smile and shrug.  My father didn't have to say a word but when I saw the smile and shrug that meant he thought I wasn't serious and I'm going to do this wheter you like it or not.

I decided to take my walk up the staircase to relax and try to have more than five hours of sleep.  I guess that's a wrap.

No comments: